The ASCLD’s annual scholarship solicitation is now open and accepting applications. The annual award is in the amount of $1000 and the due date (April 15) is quickly approaching. The application can be found on the ASCLD website. A description of the scholarship can be found here.
Applicants must be a junior or senior in a baccalaureate program or a graduate student (masters or doctorate) at an accredited university who is pursuing a degree in forensic science, forensic chemistry, a physical or natural science. Applicants from FEPAC accredited programs will be given additional consideration. High school students or college/university students in their freshman or sophomore years will not be eligible for application. As the scholarship program was created to provide opportunity to students intending to enter the forensic field, scholarships will not be granted to current forensic science laboratory employees pursing graduate degrees.
Award recipients will be selected on the basis of:
- Overall scholastic record
- Scholastic record in forensic science coursework
- Motivation or commitment to a forensic science career
- Personal statement
- Faculty/adviser recommendation
- Application form
- Personal statement of applicant
- Recommendation of faculty member or lab director with knowledge of the applicant